commons-user mailing list archives

From "Millet Regis" <>
Subject and filenames with 'é'
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 13:56:03 GMT
I have a problem with the file with accents

I have one named "blé.txt", but in the filenames list, it is renamed in "bl?.txt"  (i cannot
copy-paste the correct symbol, so i put a ? Instead)

Here is my source code, where oFTPClient is a FTPClientInstance, connected to my FTP repository

        HashSet oHashSet_Reponse = new HashSet();
        FTPFile[] oFTPFiles = oFTPClient.listFiles();
        for (int i =0;i<oFTPFiles.length;i++) {
          if (oFTPFiles[i].isFile()) {
        return oHashSet_Reponse;

Could anyone help me to find how to make the filename good?
I think it's a character encoding problem. My JRE runs under UTF-8.