commons-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <>
Subject Re: [net-ftp] FTPS timeout when trying to upload a file
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 18:19:04 GMT

The Gene6 Secure FTP server that your customer is using has a place to
set up the real IP address of the NAT connection. In the IP Binding
section of the admin console under the passive mode setup there is a
box labelled Redirect PASV IP. This is the "IP or hostname for Passive
mode when the FTP server is behind a firewall".

The server isn't broken, it just hasn't been configured properly. If
they add the address into that box everything will work.