commons-user mailing list archives

From "Wabner, Thomas (EXT)" <thomas.wabner....@siemens.com>
Subject [configuration] FileConfiguration getFile(), getFileName(), getBasePath() Question
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 10:04:50 GMT
Hello,

I have a properties configuration which is loaded without a problem.
Later in my application I will access the file which is aligned to this
configuration.

final IFileConfiguration _productConf =
_conf.getProductConfigurations().get(_productId);

log.debug("product conf file " + _productConf.getFile());

log.debug("product conf filename " + _productConf.getFileName());

log.debug("product conf base path " + _productConf.getBasePath());

The methods _productConf.getFile() and _productConf.getFileName()
returning null but the getBasePath() returns a path which is correct
(like file:/C:/Projects/workspace/myProject/project.properties). Seems
for me like a bug because the PropertiesConfiguration is loaded correct
and works.

By side: I have also set a file reloading strategy for this
configuration.

Any ideas what's happen in this case or where I can find the problem? It
would be nicer to get the File() instead the BasePath which has to be
converted into a URL before I can access the whole properties file.

Thanks in advance,

- Thomas Wabner