commons-user mailing list archives

From Adam Paster <apas...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Lang] ClassCastException in Enum.compareTo()
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2007 11:55:01 GMT
In my example below, I was referring to the OperationEnum class defined
at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/lang/tags/LANG_2_3/src/test/org/apache/commons/lang/enums/OperationEnum.java

So, even though the two enums have different classnames, the
Enum.compareTo() method should take the getEnumClass() into account to
decide whether a ClassCastException should be thrown....

Regards
  Adam