commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [configuration] FileConfiguration getFile(), getFileName(), getBasePath() Question
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 20:56:37 GMT
Wabner, Thomas (EXT) wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I have a properties configuration which is loaded without a problem.
> Later in my application I will access the file which is aligned to this
> configuration.
>

> final IFileConfiguration _productConf =
> _conf.getProductConfigurations().get(_productId);
>
> log.debug("product conf file " + _productConf.getFile());
>
> log.debug("product conf filename " + _productConf.getFileName());
>
> log.debug("product conf base path " + _productConf.getBasePath());
>

> The methods _productConf.getFile() and _productConf.getFileName()
> returning null but the getBasePath() returns a path which is correct
> (like file:/C:/Projects/workspace/myProject/project.properties). Seems
> for me like a bug because the PropertiesConfiguration is loaded correct
> and works.
>

> By side: I have also set a file reloading strategy for this
> configuration.
>

> Any ideas what's happen in this case or where I can find the problem? It
> would be nicer to get the File() instead the BasePath which has to be
> converted into a URL before I can access the whole properties file.
>

> Thanks in advance,
>

> - Thomas Wabner

Thomas,

you are right, the conversions between a base path, a file name, and a
File are not always consistent. How did you load the configuration (this
determines, which internal fields are set)?

I would recommend to work with URLs, i.e. the method getURL(). A
file-based configuration's URL is always defined.

If you like, you can open a Jira ticket for this problem.

Thanks.
Oliver