commons-user mailing list archives

From Rory Winston <rwins...@eircom.net>
Subject Re: [net-ftp] FTPS timeout when trying to upload a file
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 20:34:04 GMT
Hi guys

Steffen/Paul, thanks for your excellent input on this. I didnt get a
chance to look at this myself (and I didn't remember when reading the
email that the IP address was actually a reserved private address).

Neil,the guys are correct - this is a server configuration issue - its
not even a fault with the server per se, just with the server's
configuration in regards to NATed clients. There is no real fix for
this, and I would be hesitant to introduce some kind of hacky solution.
Your case is the only instance I have seen of this so far.

Thanks
Rory