commons-user mailing list archives

From "Tony Cooke" <>
Subject [VFS] Problem with creating a file system manager.
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 01:49:03 GMT
Hi all.

I've created an application that monitors an ftp site and downloads
files when they change.

This works well when the application runs as a stand-alone app.

When I incorporate the application into a portlet as a jar I get the
following error:

Could not create a file system manager of class

I gather it cannot find the class but the jars of the providers and VFS
exist in the portlet's WEB-INF/lib directory.

Is this the right place for the jars?

I thought it would because the portlet loads the application jar from
WEB-INF/lib (or WEB-INF/classes) and the application should have access
to the portlets classpath which include these 2 paths.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,