commons-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <>
Subject Re: [Commons Convert]
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2007 18:26:15 GMT
--- Adrian Gonzalez <> wrote:

> Sorry,
> I've just seen the Commons Convert project. Perhaps,
> this question has already been asked (sorry), but I
> can't access the archived mailing list link [1]
> broken.
> The library named Dozer [2] is doing the same as
> Commons Convert.
> Why don't you join forces, or otherwise why do you
> begin a new library for the same purpose (perhaps
> it's
> not the same and so perhaps I didn't understood) ?
> [1]
> [2]

Yep, it's all pretty much the same aim.  Currently
however I am working on/with yet ANOTHER library,
Morph, which is, with apologies to the Dozer guys (I
am a defector from their camp since discovering
Morph), much better-designed and has a pretty cool
(larger) scope/feature set.  And it's only getting
better.  I actually hadn't looked too deeply at
commons-convert before, but now that I do I see that
Matt Sgarlata is listed as a contributor.  Matt S is
the primary architect and project leader of Morph.
>From my perspective, any resurrection of
commons-convert should take the form of incubating the
Morph codebase.  :)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message