commons-user mailing list archives

From Guoxue Zhang <zguo...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Update problems with hibernate & struts
Date Sun, 25 Feb 2007 20:29:28 GMT

  public void update(Models persistentInstance) {
  log.debug("deleting Tt instance");
  try {
  getSession().update(persistentInstance);

  Transaction tx = getSession().beginTransaction();
  tx.commit();

  System.out.println(" tx.commit update successful In model");
  log.debug("delete successful");
  } catch (RuntimeException re) {
  log.error("delete failed", re);
  throw re;
  }

Abbas Adel <biso@tantawi.net> wrote:  Can you provide us with modeldao.update(); code

-----Original Message-----
From: Guoxue Zhang [mailto:zguoxue@yahoo.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2007 8:20 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Update problems with hibernate & struts

Hello Guys,

When I update a record using Hibernate and Struts, I have to transfer
primary key(type is LONG) to ModelUpdadteAction class from update.jsp file.

In ModelUpdateAction.java file:

String v_id = request.getParameter("modelid");
Long v_idLong = Long.valueOf( v_id);

Models model = new Models();
model.setModelId(v_idLong);
model.setModelname("Update New record IN Models");

ModelsDAO modeldao = new ModelsDAO();
modeldao.update(model);

I cann't update the record. A error is: javax.servlet.ServletException: a
different object with the same identifier value was already associated with
the session:

If I directly update with a primary key:

Long v_idLong = Long.valueOf( "55");

Models model = new Models();
model.setModelId(v_idLong);
model.setModelname("Update New record IN Models");

ModelsDAO modeldao = new ModelsDAO();
modeldao.update(model);

It is successful.

Please reply that is what is problem and how to solv it. Thank you.

Frank

Be a PS3 game guru.

http://www.eset.com