commons-user mailing list archives

From "Karr, David" <david.k...@wamu.net>
Subject What tool can I use to substitute marked expressions in a string?
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 00:26:29 GMT
I know that there are several related tools in this area, but I'm not
sure from a superficial look exactly which one I need.

I just need to have a string with occurrences of substrings like
"${foo}", and I need to be able to replace that with a value specified
at run time.  I need to do this directly from Java, and I nee to be able
to specify both the variables (like "foo") and what values will be
substituted for them.

I thought I would do this with JEXL, but that seems to just take a
string like "foo" and not "... Stuff ... ${foo} ...".  I imagine I could
do this semi-manually, by searching for "${.*}" and processing the
contents.  If there's no packaged way to do this already, I'll go down
that path.