commons-user mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: TC 5.5.20 Config
Date Sun, 21 Jan 2007 00:58:04 GMT
On 1/20/07, Garth Keesler <garthk@gdcjk.com> wrote:

> This email concerns the deployment of DBCP in a TC 5.5.20 site. The
> subject was poorly chosen.
>
> Sorry...

Actually, I suspect that the subject line *is* pretty accurate :-).

* As an off topic comment, I would generally start with the official
documentation
  on a feature before going to the wiki.  In this case, check out
  <http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html>,
  in particular the section on JDBC data sources.

* I have seen on a variety of forums where people have had problems
  in Tomcat 5.5.20 with JNDI configurations that worked fine on Tomcat
5.5.17.
  This implies some issue with Tomcat, which means you would likely be
  better off addressing this to the Tomcat Users mailing list.  But in the
mean
  time, you might try back-reving your Tomcat install and see if that helps.

Craig