commons-user mailing list archives

From <Jan.Van-Sta...@ec.europa.eu>
Subject RE: Commons Logging settings
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 07:10:25 GMT
I  don't know much about webstart, but I see that the url is referencing your localhost; I
suppose it should reference a servername which is known on the users machine, not localhost.

That would explain the fact that the logging is functionning on your machine locally.

Jan

------------------
Jan Van Stalle
DIGIT.B.03
tel +32 2 299 49 82
Bureau MO34 2/54

-----Original Message-----
From: Denis Bessmertnyj [mailto:dbes@isd.dp.ua]
Sent: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 6:12 PM
To: commons-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Commons Logging settings

I have software which I deliver to client through Java Web Start.
I use Apache Commons Logging, but it doesn't work when I use it through Web
Start,
because it can't find config file for logger.
I deliver my application with certificate and all permissions.
I store config file in jar file which I also deliver to client through JWS.
Here is my code of getting config file on client:

ClassLoader classLoader = this.getClass().getClassLoader();
URL loggerConfigFileURL = classLoader.getResource("resources/logger.cfg");
System.setProperty("java.util.logging.config.file",
loggerConfigFileURL.toString());

By the way, ClassLoader finds config file in jar, and
loggerConfigFileURL var has value:
jar:http://localhost:8080/newframework/lib/framework.jar!/resources/logger.cfg
But logger doesn't want to work!!! It's working only if I start locally (not
through JWS) my application and
map "java.util.logging.config.file" to absoulute local path to logger.cfg
file (not using URL notation).

How I realize it and what I do wrong?

thnx!

---