commons-user mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <Joerg.Schai...@Elsag-Solutions.com>
Subject RE: how stable is commons id package
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 07:44:00 GMT
Pradeep Arumalla wrote on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 4:52 AM:

> Hi all,
>    I am using the UUID package from apache commons, and I have
> decided to do a prototype for my project in generating UUID's
> globally.My Idea is to give a jar file to different teams in my
> company to  generate UUID's.*Now, my big question is how effecient is
> the sandbox code ?*, as I am using unstable code for the first
> time.Bug reports etc would help.

Look into JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SANDBOX there's no real bug open, only
enhancement requests. The simple reason, it was never released until now is a lack of time
from the committers, but the plan is already there http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/id/1%.2e0ReleasePlan.
Basically we use c-id in production since years now and I am quite sure other ones do the
like. So regarding c-id the sandbox code is quite stable, but this can obviously not be generalized
for other components in the sandbox ;-)

- Jörg