commons-user mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <Joerg.Schai...@Elsag-Solutions.com>
Subject RE: problem with UUID code
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 06:49:25 GMT
Hi Pradeep,

Pradeep Arumalla wrote on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 4:50 AM:

> hi all,
>
> import org.apache.commons.id.uuid.UUID;
> public class Uuidgen {
>  public static void main(String as[]){
>
>   System.out.println("******* "+UUID.randomUUID());
>
>   }
>
> }
>
> *I am trying to generate a UUID with the above code and it
> throws the below
> exception...I tried changing the JDK version ...tried
> 1.5,1.4,1.3   , did
> not work, should I build the code my self.what is the
> procedure ?.Please
> help with links etc*
>
> java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Uuidgen (Unsupported
> major.minorversion
> 49.0)

[snip]

This error simply means, that you tried to run your application with a JDK < 1.5 and *your*
class was compiled with JDK 1.5. This will not work.

Nevertheless I've checked the nightlies and that id package was also build with JDK 1.5. If
you need a version for a previous JDK, you will have to build the package yourself.

- Jörg