commons-user mailing list archives

From "DECAFFMEYER MATHIEU" <MATHIEU.DECAFFMA...@fortis.lu>
Subject log4j path to log - problem
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 15:33:45 GMT

Hi,
in my log4j file I have the following line :

log4j.appender.file.File=log/mylog.log

[11/01/07 16:28:32:665 CET] 650c2e13 SystemErr     R log4j:ERROR
setFile(null,true) call failed.
[11/01/07 16:28:32:665 CET] 650c2e13 SystemErr     R
java.io.FileNotFoundException: log\mylog.log (The system cannot find the
path specified)
[11/01/07 16:28:32:681 CET] 650c2e13 SystemErr     R 	at
java.io.FileOutputStream.openAppend(Native Method)
[11/01/07 16:28:32:681 CET] 650c2e13 SystemErr     R 	at
java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:194)

In the directory where the log4j file is located there is a log
directory and in this log directory a file called mylog.log

When I put an absolute path to this mylog.log file, I have no problem,
but this is quite annoying if for some reason the main directory
(containing log4j file and log directory) is moved.

Why the relative path won't work ?

Any idea ?
Thank u !

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Fortis Banque Luxembourg S.A. does not
accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. The information contained in
this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action
taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Nothing
in the message is capable or intended to create any legally binding obligations on either
party and it is not intended to provide legal advice.