commons-user mailing list archives

From "DECAFFMEYER MATHIEU" <MATHIEU.DECAFFMA...@fortis.lu>
Subject RE: Commons Logging - FileAppender Issue
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2007 11:06:41 GMT
 Thank u.
I can see log4j is used by default and that commons try to find it in
the classpath. So I don't actually need to put anything in commons-
logging.properties. Anyway I tried to make commons-
logging.properties and add
org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogg
er
But it still has no effect

__________________________________

-----Original Message-----
From: Torsten Curdt [mailto:tcurdt@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, January 05, 2007 10:32 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: Commons Logging - FileAppender Issue

*****  This message comes from the Internet Network *****

> I'm using Log4j to manage log, I want to convert this by Commons
> Logging by
> converting just this line :
> private static Logger sLogger = Logger.getLogger
> (LoggingManager.class);
> by this one :
> private static Log sLogger = LogFactory.getLog(LoggingManager.class);

Regarding the static give this a read

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/Logging/StaticLog
> This is the only thing to do, right ?
> Now I have a problem : logs aren't stored in files anymore.
> Why doesn't it store anymore since I replaced this line to use
> Commons Logging ?
Because you need to configure commons logging to use whatever
implementation you want ...assume log4j. See the docs. commons-
logging.properties might be what you are after.

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Fortis Banque Luxembourg S.A. does not
accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. The information contained in
this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action
taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Nothing
in the message is capable or intended to create any legally binding obligations on either
party and it is not intended to provide legal advice.