commons-user mailing list archives

From "DECAFFMEYER MATHIEU" <MATHIEU.DECAFFMA...@fortis.lu>
Subject Commons Logging - FileAppender Issue
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2007 09:22:36 GMT

Hi,

I'm using Log4j to manage log, I want to convert this by Commons Logging
by
converting just this line :
private static Logger sLogger = Logger.getLogger(LoggingManager.class);
by this one :
private static Log sLogger = LogFactory.getLog(LoggingManager.class);
This is the only thing to do, right ?
Now I have a problem : logs aren't stored in files anymore.
Why doesn't it store anymore since I replaced this line to use Commons
Logging ?

Thank u for any help.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/">
     <appender name="fileAppender"
               class="org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender">
          <param name="DatePattern" value="'.'yyyy-MM-dd-HH"/>
          <param name="File" value="C:/UserTemp/matthew016/app.log"/>
               <param name="ConversionPattern"
                      value="%d{ISO8601} %-5p [%-30.30c{2}] %m%n"/>
          </layout>
     </appender>
     <appender name="consoleAppender"
               class="org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender">
               <param name="ConversionPattern"
                      value="%-5p %c{1} - %m%n" />
          </layout>
     </appender>
  <root>
    <priority value ="info" />
    <appender-ref ref="fileAppender" />
    <appender-ref ref="consoleAppender" />
  </root>
</log4j:configuration>

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Fortis Banque Luxembourg S.A. does not
accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. The information contained in
this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action
taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Nothing
in the message is capable or intended to create any legally binding obligations on either
party and it is not intended to provide legal advice.