commons-user mailing list archives

From "Julio S. G." <juli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Underscore problem - and parentheses.
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 15:27:40 GMT
   Well... Another doubt is about parentheses.
   The parser of UrlValidator is not allowing the "(" and ")" at
"segment" section... For example, if we try the URL
"http://www.abc123.com/test(test)/" the isValid method returns false,
but reading the RFC's 3.3 section we can see that the segment block
can take unreserved characters, and these can take mark values... And
finally the parentheses are valid mark values.
   Is this correct? Is it a bug of UrlValidator or a misunderstood?
   Thanks.

Julio