commons-user mailing list archives

From "Timothy Bessie" <Timothy.Bes...@on24.com>
Subject How to control conversion of primitives->String in BeanUtils.describe() ??
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2007 05:01:24 GMT
Does anyone out there know how to control the conversion of primitives
to Strings in calls made to BeanUtils.describe()?

I have registered converters to the String class, as follows:

        ConvertUtils.register(toStringConverter, String.class);
        LocaleConvertUtils.register(toStringConverter, String.class,
Locale.US);
        LocaleConvertUtils.register(toStringConverter, String.class,
Locale.ENGLISH);

but they don't seem to ever get called.  Conversion to other classes
gets called (for example, I've registered a converter to the Date class,
which does get called).

Am I missing something here?  I have read through the documentation,
looked at the source, done a ton of Googling and looking in the
mailing list archives, and I can't find anything to help me with this.
Is there, then, no way to control the conversion of primitives
to Strings, or am I going about it the wrong way?

- Tim Bessie