commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [configuration] Overriden Properties in CombinedConfiguration and the configuratinAt method
Date Sat, 27 Jan 2007 11:18:09 GMT
Thomas Eichstädt-Engelen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i am using commons-configuration with constantly growing enthusiasm. Thank you for this
great job!
:-)
<snip/>

> And here is my problem:
>
> Using the configurationAt(key) throws an IllegalArgumentException because the given key
is ambiguous. That is correct because it is overriden and added twice hence. It tried the
workaround to create a combined node via getRootNode(). It worked but in this case all the
e.g. configured ReloadingStratety disappears because i had to create a new XmlConfiguration.

> Would it make sense to overload the configurationAt method in CombinedConfiguration to
support such a behaviour? Or (and that could be really possible) didn't i understand the concept
of the CombinedConfiguration exactly.

> Kind regards,
>
> Thomas E.-E.
I think I do not fully understand your problem. Which key do you pass to
the configurationAt() method? Is it not possible to make this key more
specific (e.g. by adding an index), so that it points to a single
configuration only?

Or could you provide a more detailed example with such an overridden
bean declaration that causes ambigous keys?

Oliver