commons-user mailing list archives

From Paul J DeCoursey <p...@decoursey.net>
Subject Re: adding patch to jar
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2007 11:52:51 GMT
I've been using Flash and FileUpload for a while without issue.. are you
using the most recent version of the Flash player? I know that there was
a bug in one version of the Flash 8 player that wasn't following the
specs, but it has been fixed for sometime now.  And from what I can tell
from your patch is it only stops and exception from being thrown, it
would probably be better to catch the exception in your code than to
path FileUpload.

But to simply answer your original question if you are on a windows
machine change the jar to a zip file and open it up find the file you
are replacing and replace it.  then rename the file back to a jar.  This
should work similarly on a Mac, if on *nix then you need to extract the
entire jar and replace the file then jar it back up. Here is help on
using jar:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/tooldocs/windows/jar.html
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/tooldocs/solaris/jar.html <-- for
any unix flavor including mac osx

pd

badi malik wrote:
> Hi Martin,
> thanks for getting back to me...here's the problem i'm running into...
>
> i'm using flash to select and upload a file as opposed to using a form in an html page.
 the problem stems from the way flash is handling the content...so i modified the FileUploadBase
class at line 336 to this...