commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <>
Subject Re: XMLConfiguration and the root node
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2007 20:46:07 GMT
Tom DeBruycker wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a question about what seems to be the design choice to ignore the
> root node of XML files when creating the keys for a configuration.  It
> seems
> that the root node is part of what contributes to the uniqueness of the XML
> file.  If the root is ignored isn't it possible that nodes could be
> inadvertently combined?  This could just be my lack of understanding for
> the
> XMLConfiguration design.
> If someone would explain the design choice I would appreciate it.
> Thanks in advance.
> Tom
Can you give an example for what you mean by "inadvertently combined"?

I guess the original idea was just convenience: Because the root element
of a XML configuration typically is not changed during property access,
there does not seem to be much value in requiring it to be part of the keys.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message