commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [Configuration] cant get basic JNDIConfiguration to work
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2007 20:49:24 GMT
Roland Kofler wrote:
> Hi,
> Is anyone using JNDIConfiguration?
> Strangely no evidence for this could be found on the web/ mailing lists etc.
> I would like to implement a LDAP based Configuration, but I cant even read
> keys without getting an exception:
>
> javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: [LDAP: error code 32 - No Such Object];
> remaining name ''
>
> Could somebody provide hints / working code that reads from an jndi/ ldap
> source?
>

> Second question: Id like to implement my own write functionality for
> JNDIConfiguration, is this simply not done because of different possible
> JNDI sources, and I will be happy when I do it for a concrete LDAPServer in
> mind?
> Or are there other heavy reasons I should be aware of?
>
> Thank You A Lot,
> Roland

<snip/>

JNDIConfiguration is one of the oldest classes of this library, and I
don't know whether the original author(s) are still listening on this
list. I have no idea why it was implemented read-only. If you succeed
with adding write functionality, would you be interested in contributing
back your changes?

Being no JNDI expert I fear I won't be of much help for your other
question either. Can you post a full stack trace of the exception you
receive? Maybe this gives a hint.

Thanks
Oliver