commons-user mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HttpClient is logging on INFO-level - how to change to ERROR?
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2007 14:08:49 GMT
Christian Kruggel wrote:
> Hey Christian,
>
> CH> Which implementation do you use for the actual logging?
>
> To be honest: I do not have any idea. Since I did not specify a
> particular implementation I do assume that SimpleLog is used. But if so,
> these both lines should affect logging:
>
> System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.defaultlog", "fatal");
> System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.showlogname", "true");
>
> Though there shoud be some change in the log-behaviour (according to the
> manual you suggested
> [http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/commons-logging-1.1/guide.html#A_Quick_Guide_To_Simple_Log])
> I still recieve the following log-messages:
>
> 06.01.2007 13:37:04 org.apache.commons.httpclient.auth.AuthChallengeProcessor selectAuthScheme
> INFO: basic authentication scheme selected

This looks like JDK 1.4 logging to me.

> To me this means: neither the log-level has changed nor the log-name in
> displayed - if I set the properties correct (which seems undoubtedly to
> me) SimpleLog is *not* used.

If you want to use SimpleLog add this system property:
   org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SimpleLog

> So an other question is: How can I determine which log-implementation
> my HttpClient actually does use?

You can see that if you turn on diagnostics logging in commons-logging.
Instructions for this can be found here:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/troubleshooting.html#Using_JCL_Diagnostics

Dennis Lundberg