commons-user mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Commons Logging - FileAppender Issue
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2007 13:46:45 GMT
Hi

Do you have a configuration file for log4j in your classpath?

What you have done is switched from hardwired log4j to exchangeable
log4j. This means that the user of your product can select which logging
implementation they want to use. In your case you want to use log4j.
With this new setup you still need the configuration file for log4j,
i.e. log4j.properties or log4j.xml.

DECAFFMEYER MATHIEU wrote:
>  Thank u.
> I can see log4j is used by default and that commons try to find it in
> the classpath. So I don't actually need to put anything in commons-
> logging.properties. Anyway I tried to make commons-
> logging.properties and add
> org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogg
> er
> But it still has no effect

not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. The information contained
in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the
addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Nothing in the message is capable or intended to create any legally binding obligations on
either party and it is not intended to provide legal advice.

Dennis Lundberg