commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [configuration] Reloading also for included files?
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 14:58:30 GMT
Wolf, Mirko (Extern) wrote:
> Hi there,
> first of all a happy new year and best wishes to all.
>
> I use the configuration together with properties files. For a better
> readability we split the configuration into separate files. Theses files are
> included into the main-properties File.
>
> The inclusion is done by:
>  include=sample.properties
>
> On the main-properties File there is a listener watching for modifications
> and propagate them to the application.
> This works fine.
>
> But when the included-files are modified nothing happens, the listner didn't
> recognize the modification.
>
> Which is the way to observe the included files in the same manner like the
> main-File?
>
> Best regards
>
> Mirko

Would it be an option for you to use DefaultConfigurationBuilder for
collecting your properties files? You would create a XML configuration
definition file defining all the configuration sources (i.e. properties
files) to be included. Each source can be associated with a reloading
strategy. There is a larger section in the user guide covering this
class and how it can be used.

Oliver