commons-user mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Commons Logging settings
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 21:38:31 GMT
Hi Denis

Are you using commons-logging 1.1? There is a bug in that version which
only presents itself when you run under a security manager. We stumbled
upon this for our applets, that are also delivered as signed jars in
much the same way as you do. Perhaps this problem occurs for java web
start as well?

We reverted back to 1.0.4 as a workaround. There is a 1.1.1 release
coming up soon, that has a fix for this bug. You might want to try a
nightly build to see if it solves your problem:
   http://people.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/nightly/commons-logging/

--
Dennis Lundberg