commons-user mailing list archives

From Cyril Bouteille <cy...@peerflix.com>
Subject Re: [NET] listFiles throws SocketException: Connection reset even in passive mode
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 19:16:06 GMT
Thanks for your reply Mark.
This exception occurs on a simple 'ls' (listFiles()) in a directory with
less than 100 files. This command returns within a couple seconds @ ftp
cli. But the commons.net program can hang for hours and then exit with
this "connection reset" exception.
We do use the same FTP server in dev and prod. It's one from the USPS.
Only the client network and machine the commons.net program runs on is
different.
It feels like a network connectivity issue, but I don't understand how
the ftp cli and commons.net library behave differently in a way
explaining this...
Any idea?