commons-user mailing list archives

From "Kerrigan, Seamus" <Seamus.Kerri...@FMR.COM>
Subject RE: Commons Logging - FileAppender Issue
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2007 11:27:04 GMT
If you haven't already done so, you could enable diagnostic logging to
determine the logging behavior, as described here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/troubleshooting.html#Using_JCL
_Diagnostics

I faced a similar issue running JCL/log4j on WebSphere 6.0 and I fixed
it by adding a "priority=1" property to commons-logging.properties to
override the default commons-logging.properties as shipped with
WebSphere. Is your code running on an application server?

-----Original Message-----
From: DECAFFMEYER MATHIEU [mailto:MATHIEU.DECAFFMAYER@fortis.lu]
Sent: Friday, January 05, 2007 11:07 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: RE: Commons Logging - FileAppender Issue

 Thank u.
I can see log4j is used by default and that commons try to find it in
the classpath. So I don't actually need to put anything in commons-
logging.properties. Anyway I tried to make commons-
logging.properties and add
org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogg
er
But it still has no effect