commons-user mailing list archives

From badi malik <badima...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: adding patch to jar
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 22:21:51 GMT
Hi Martin,
thanks for getting back to me...here's the problem i'm running into...

i'm using flash to select and upload a file as opposed to using a form in an html page.  the
problem stems from the way flash is handling the content...so i modified the FileUploadBase
class at line 336 to this...

               //PATCH:Map headers = parseHeaders(multi.readHeaders());
              Map headers = null;
               try {
                    headers = parseHeaders(multi.readHeaders());
                }catch(MultipartStream.MalformedStreamException e) {
                  return items;
                }

now i want to add it to the jar but have no idea how to do this...

thanks

----- Original Message ----
From: Martin Cooper <martinc@apache.org>
To: Jakarta Commons Users List <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 1:17:15 PM
Subject: Re: adding patch to jar

Please do not cross-post. I have removed the dev list from this thread.

On 1/24/07, badi malik <badimalik@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Hello all,
> I'm using flash to upload a file using fileUpload classes.  because of
> this i've had to patch the FileUploadBase source

Why, and what is the change? Would it make sense to incorporate it into
Commons FileUpload?

and need to recompile it and add it to the jar
file(commons-fileupload-1.1.1)...do
> i need to rebuild the whole thing using ant, or can i somehow just add the
> one file? I assumed that i needed to rebuild everything so i downloaded ant
> and trie that but keep getting instantiation errors.  can anyone tell me
> which version of ant i need to use to accomplish this?

FileUpload, like almost all Commons components, is built using Maven, not
Ant. What you need to do to incorporate your change depends on the nature of
your change.

--
Martin Cooper

thanks in advance