commons-user mailing list archives

From Lance Semmens <>
Subject RE: using commons-vfs as webservice -newbie-
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 08:55:00 GMT
Have you tried:
FileSystemManager fsManager = VFS.getManager();
FileObject file = fsManager.resolveFile("file:///home/user/try1/file.pdf");

Instead of explicitly constructing a StandardFileSystemManager?

Im no VFS guru but this is how the VFS site recommends you get a FileSystemManager (

-----Original Message-----
From: Ilaria Castelli []
Sent: 08 January 2007 16:25
Subject: using commons-vfs as webservice -newbie-

I'm trying to develop a webservice using commons-vfs, Apache Tomcat and
First of all I wrote and tryed my method locally including the libraries
needed and everything's working.
Then I deployd this class on Axis:

import org.apache.commons.vfs.*;
import java.util.*;
public class VFSi {
   private FileSystemManager fsManager=new
   public String Move(String From, String To) {...}
   public String Copy (String From, String To) {...}
   public String Delete (String Resource) {...}

I put in axis/WEB-INF/lib all the .jar needed, restarted tomcat, and wrote a
trial client to call methods:

      static final String svcURL = "";

      //.......definiton of fslist Vector - list of filesystems

      Service svc = new Service();
      Call call = (Call) svc.createCall();
      String resp = (String) call.invoke (new Object[] {fslist.elementAt

running the client I obtain this Exception:

 org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Unknown scheme "file" in URI "

and similar Exceptions using other filesystem types (ftp, smb) working
correctly locally but not once deployed.

Since i'm newbie, any help is welcome, thanks.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message