commons-user mailing list archives

From Christian Kruggel <j...@wispa.de>
Subject Re[2]: HttpClient is logging on INFO-level - how to change to ERROR?
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2007 12:43:49 GMT
Hey Christian,

CH> Which implementation do you use for the actual logging?

To be honest: I do not have any idea. Since I did not specify a
particular implementation I do assume that SimpleLog is used. But if so,
these both lines should affect logging:

System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.defaultlog", "fatal");
System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.showlogname", "true");

Though there shoud be some change in the log-behaviour (according to the
manual you suggested
[http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/commons-logging-1.1/guide.html#A_Quick_Guide_To_Simple_Log])
I still recieve the following log-messages:

06.01.2007 13:37:04 org.apache.commons.httpclient.auth.AuthChallengeProcessor selectAuthScheme
INFO: basic authentication scheme selected

To me this means: neither the log-level has changed nor the log-name in
displayed - if I set the properties correct (which seems undoubtedly to
me) SimpleLog is *not* used.

So an other question is: How can I determine which log-implementation
my HttpClient actually does use?

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Christian