commons-user mailing list archives

From java.develo...@free.fr
Subject File Upload : High memory allocation @once...
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2007 10:02:16 GMT
Hi all,

We are using commons.fileupload for a long time now and it works great.
But recently we have been facing a problem of huge memory allocation.

More precisely, the application runs on WAS 5.
We allow uploads and downloads of files. The maximal size allowed is 2Megs.

It appears that sometimes the JVM tries to allocate 60 Megs at once.
I was wondering.. While uploading a file, the JVM makes an allocation of at
least the size of the file.. That means, if one tries to upload a huge file, it
would lead to our current problem.

My questions :
-> Do you know if there is a way to configure the maximal memory allocation of
an upload ?
-> Is there a possibility to check the file size before the upload / without an
applet ?

Really Thanks for your inputs,

Regards,
Guillaume.