commons-user mailing list archives

From "Karr, David" <david.k...@wamu.net>
Subject [jelly] How to build a date object with current time in GMT?
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2007 23:33:58 GMT
I have a Jelly script that puts the current time into a string.  It
works ok, but I'm realizing I need to convert the time to GMT before
putting it into the string.  It's straightforward to do this in Java,
but I'm having trouble figuring out how to do this in the limited Java
syntax in Jelly.

In Java, I might do something like this:

  Calendar calendar = Calendar.getInstance();

calendar.setTimeZone(TimeZone.getTimeZone(TimeZone.getAvailableIDs(0)[0]
));
  date gmtDate = calendar.getDate();

In Jelly, I think I can get close, but part of what I'm doing doesn't
work.

<j:invokeStatic className="java.util.Calendar" method="getInstance"
                var="calendar"/>
<j:invokeStatic className="java.util.TimeZone" method="getAvailableIDs"
                var="timezones">
 <j:arg type="int" value="0"/>
</j:invokeStatic>

<j:forEach var="timezone" begin="0" end="0" items="${timezones}">
</j:forEach>

<j:setProperties object="${calendar}" timeZone="${timezone}"/>