commons-user mailing list archives

From "Konstantin Breu" <Konstantin.B...@gmx.net>
Subject [VFS] Why is jcifs/smb not part of 1.0/core?
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 15:44:56 GMT
Hello,
the documentation says

"VFS is splitted into core, examples and sandbox now. Due to some technical
reasons we had to move the webdav and jcifs (smb) filesystem to the
sandbox."

I would like know something about the technical reasons, that jcifs/smb
filesystem is not part of core/version 1.0. Was the smb part not ready to be
released as "1.0"? So far I did not encounter bugs when using it...

As I have to use also smb filesystem, I would also like to know whether
there are more differences between VFS1.0 and sandbox, besides of
webdav/jcifs (for example, does sandbox contain some more experimental
parts, can it contain more bugs,...).

Cheers,
Konstantin