commons-user mailing list archives

From "DECAFFMEYER MATHIEU" <MATHIEU.DECAFFMA...@fortis.lu>
Subject [Urgent] UTF-8 encoding problem
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2006 10:30:07 GMT

Hi,

I am using Jakarta Configuration to manipulate some XML files.
I have the following error when I open one of the files :

org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationException: Octet 2 incorrect dans la séquence
UTF-8 à 3-octets.
	at org.apache.commons.configuration.XMLConfiguration.load(XMLConfiguration.java:620)
	at org.apache.commons.configuration.XMLConfiguration.load(XMLConfiguration.java:578)
	at org.apache.commons.configuration.XMLConfiguration$XMLFileConfigurationDelegate.load(XMLConfiguration.java:1045)
	at org.apache.commons.configuration.AbstractFileConfiguration.load(AbstractFileConfiguration.java:280)
[...]

Caused by: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: Octet 2 incorrect dans la séquence UTF-8 à 3-octets.
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.io.UTF8Reader.invalidByte(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.io.UTF8Reader.read(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityScanner.load(Unknown Source)
[...]

The headlines of the file is :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE configuration [
<!ENTITY amp "&#x26;">
<!ENTITY lt "&#x3C;">
<!ENTITY minus "&#45;">
]>
[...]

I have an XML with exactly the same lines at the top,
and I have no problem with this one :
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE configuration [
<!ENTITY amp "&#x26;">
<!ENTITY lt "&#x3C;">
<!ENTITY minus "&#45;">
]>
[...]

What do u suggest me to do ?

Thank u for any help ! Will be greatly appreciated !

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Fortis Banque Luxembourg S.A. does not
accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. The information contained in
this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action
taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Nothing
in the message is capable or intended to create any legally binding obligations on either
party and it is not intended to provide legal advice.