commons-user mailing list archives

From Mark Fortner <phidia...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: commons-logging 1.1 in an applet
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 18:43:39 GMT
I don't have an answer for you either, but I do have some things that
you might try:

(1) Try signing the applet to see if that fixes the permission problem
you're running into.  I suspect that it tries to create a log file and
puts the log file in the user.home directory.  When it tries to grab
the user.home variable, it throws the exception you were seeing.
Signing the applet, may (emphasis on "may") allow it to grab the
variable, and to write the file out.  You might also check out
web-starting the applet.

(2) Instead of writing to a log file, try switching out the
FileAppender for a console appender.  You shouldn't need any special
permissions to write to the console.

Hope this helps,

Mark