commons-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel Wikman" <dannewik...@hotmail.com>
Subject TelnetClient problem?
Date Sun, 03 Dec 2006 07:51:02 GMT
Hi all!

I wonder if someone has seen this and know a "cure" for this behaviour. I wrote a program
based
on the commons.net TelnetClient class. When using the program towards a Unix or Linux box

directly everything works fine, but when using telnet towards a serial blackbox, I always
get an
extra newline added when writing commands (it seems like TelnetClient or the underlying stream

makes line terminations a la windows... The fun part is that if I make my own TelnetClient
program
based on Java.util.ProcessBuilder it works just fine. I'd really like to make my program independent

of the "/usr/bin/telnet" to make it work on windows platform as well. Does anyone know what

option that controls this in TelnetClient?

BR

/Daniel