commons-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel Wikman" <dannewik...@hotmail.com>
Subject SV: TelnetClient problem?
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 21:13:52 GMT

Well Michael, I do not see how that can solve my problem...

I have an application that needs to telnet in to a remote system
and run your regular passwd command to set the password, just like
in many operating systems. When using TelnetClient class towards the
Remote system directly it works fine, but the remote system also is
Connected through a serial port to a blackbox, so
$ telnet <blackbox ip> <blackbox port>
Gets me connected as well, but when using TelnetClient towards this
Blackbox, I get an extra newline at every command rendering an empty
Password. I.e.

$ passwd<i entered this newline...>
Enter password:<This newline is TelnetClient added :)>
Confirm password:<my entered password ends up here and a newline of course>
Passwords dont match, Confirm password: <This newline is also TelnetClient
added :)>
$ <here my confirm shows up>
Command not found...

The fun part is that if I run /usr/bin/telnet instead of TelnetClient
>From Java, no extra newlines are added. Explain that someone... Is
The java application negotiating itself towards the blackbox as a
Windows box, but my linux and solaris boxes /usr/bin/telnet negotiates as
Non Windows or what...

BR

/Daniel