commons-user mailing list archives

From Peter Coppens <pc.subscripti...@gmail.com>
Subject DBCP connection takes (very) long
Date Sun, 31 Dec 2006 14:12:09 GMT

Hello,

Not sure this is the right forum to ask DBCP questions. If not I would
appreciate if someone could tell me where I should ask the question.

Anyway, I have DBCP 1.2.1 and Tomcat 6.02 configured with a mySql backend.

I have configured the pool through a jndi datasource,

	  <Resource name="jdbc/PurlDB" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
		  factory="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory"
                  initialSize="200"
		  maxActive="200"
		  maxIdle="200"
		  maxWait="10000"
		  username="user"
		  password="***"
		  driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
		  url="jdbc:mysql://192.168.36.134/purlie"
		  />

The code to get the connection just invokes getConnection on the Datasource
instance.

Everything works fine but when I start stress testing the tomcat servlet
app, some of the connections take a very long time (e.g. >5 minutes). I have
added logging to write out idle and active connections, and there always
seem to be lots of idle connections left.

Would anybody have any guidance as on how to identify and hopefully fix the
issue?

Thanks,

Peter