commons-user mailing list archives

From Fran Varin <FVA...@AMICA.com>
Subject [betwixt] Question on complex documents
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 14:32:03 GMT

Hi, I've started to do some investigating where Betwixt is concerned so, keep
in mind I'm new to this API. One thing that occurs to me and I cannot seem
to find an answer to in the docs or tutorial is that how can Betwixt handle
a situation where I have a complex document with many repeating complex
attributes? I may have a Bean that encapsulates other Objects that manage
data on my behalf and have a complex XML document with a high degree of
nesting and re-occurring elements. I don't see a clear way to describe this
type of situation. I've been able to get a simple XML document described and
a simple bean populated but, I don't even know where to start if I suddenly
start to introduce Object types other than simple Strings. For instance a
getter that returns a Hashtable for instance. How can Betwixt accommodate
such a an entity or is it really the intent to keep the return types as
atomic as possible? So, my impression is that for very complex XML I'm
wondering about the viability of Betwixt. I'm willing to admit that I could
be naive about its capabilities but, I just don't see how it can be feasible
to accommodate highly complex documents.