commons-user mailing list archives

From "Tom DeBruycker" <tom.debruyc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CombinedConfiguration not reloading
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 13:48:00 GMT
Hi Oliver,

Before I create a bug I wanted to describe the problem in a little more
detail. The reason is that I am not sure if it is a bug or designed that
way.  From what I see when tracing the code in a debugger the way it is
designed a reload can never occur for a CombinedConfiguration for my case.
In my case the property and xml files which make up my configuration can be
modified outside of my application.  Because they are modified outside my
application a ConfigurationEvent is not triggered.

When I tried the same tests using a CompositeConfiguration requiresReload()
is called when getProperty() is invoked.

The class CombinedConfiguration extends HierarchicalConfiguration.  The
logic which tests for a reload is implemented in
AbstractHierachicalFileConfiguration, which is not part of the
CombinedConfiguration hierarchy.  The getProperty() of
HierarchicalConfiguration does not use the delegate pattern or check for
reloadingRequired().

So, after this long winded explanation I am not sure if I am using a
CombinedConfiguration in the way it was intended.

If you still think this is a bug I will create the bug in Jira.

Thanks in advance,
Tom DeBruycker