commons-user mailing list archives

From Ulf Dittmer <...@ulfdittmer.com>
Subject [LOGGING] SimpleLog configuration problem
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 22:07:03 GMT
Hello everybody-

I'm trying to configure the Commons Logging library in my web app. I
have a commons-logging.properties file in the classes directory, and
it causes the SimpleLog logger to be selected, which is what I want.
To further configure SimpleLog, I have a simplelog.properties file,
also in the classes directory, just like the docs mention it. But
that file is completely ignored, and all the default settings are
used. Has anyone successfully configured SimpleLog with a
simplelog.properties file, and can give me some hints on how to do that?

I suppose I could read the contents of simplelog.properties at web
app startup time, and add them to the system properties directly, but
that seems unnecessary work when it apparently should work out of the
box.

Many thanks in advance for any clues.

Ulf