commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: Configuration - getList Issue
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2006 21:20:18 GMT
DECAFFMEYER MATHIEU wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to get a list of elements of My XML file, see below,
>
> The two first elements are returned, but not the two lasts.
> (Actually all the elemnts must have a format like the two lasts, I added
> the first two just to test)
>
> List list1 = reader.getList("list");
> for(int i=0; i<list1.size(); ++i)
>         System.out.println(reader.getString("list("+i+").[@name]"));
> // returns only german and italian

The problem here is that getList("list") will only select the nodes that
have a direct text value. Because of this you only get the first two
elements; the others have sub elements, but no text content.

If you change this to getList("list[@name]"), it should work. If you use
Commons Configuration 1.3 you can also have a look at the
getConfigurationsAt() method of HierarchicalConfiguration. This method
will simplify iteration over the result list.

HTH
Oliver