commons-user mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [VFS] File System Roots
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 19:51:35 GMT
Hi Mark!
> Is there any easy way to get file system roots?

Not yet, but this is planned to implement somehow, it would be great if
you could open a JIRA ticket with it to not forget it.
The same API could/should be used to browse the network with SMB/JCIFS.

> Also, is there a way to get the equivalents of the Application, Documents, Music, Movies,
and Pictures directories on other operating systems?

No, and I don't know how to do it without native code.
I (personally) would not start developing native code stuff for VFS,
though, a rough idea could be to try to find a student for the next
Google SoC - if there is one and if no one else would start implementing
such stuff.

Ciao,
Mario