commons-user mailing list archives

From Ranjan Kumar Baisak <rbai...@nyc.yamaha.com>
Subject validationQuery execution
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 21:54:21 GMT
Hi,
    I need to know regarding how many times validation query gets
executed. I can see db log that validation query gets executed before
any sql statement of my application gets executed. As of I know
validationQuery generally gets executed only once during getting
connection from pool of connection. Is there anyway to set it so that it
can get executed only once during connection initialization. Is it good
if I remove validationQuery as db performance is a matter of concern for
my application.

Let me mention that I am using tomcat+struts

regards,
Ranjan