commons-user mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maison...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Download the HSSF API
Date Sun, 03 Dec 2006 08:33:15 GMT
CAYET Aymeric a écrit :
> Hello,
> I would like to manipulate Excel from Java Netbeans. I would like to know how to download
the HSSF API. I am asking because I got a bit lost on the website.

> The page:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_poi.cgi <http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_poi.cgi>

> offers different downloads. Which one should I use?

If you don't want to compile the POI library (which HSSF belongs to),
pick up one of the binary archive. Nowadays, both Windows systems and
Unix/Linux systems should be able to handle both .tar.gz and .zip
archive formats, pick up the one you are most comfortable with (probably
.zip). These archive files contains the API documentation (javadoc) in
HTML, the licenses and the binary jar files. In order to use HSSF the
file poi-2.5.1-final-20040804.jar is enough.

If you want to compile the POI library, then pick up the source archive
and use ant to compile everything.

Luc