commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <>
Subject Re: CombinedConfiguration not reloading
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 18:28:51 GMT

CombinedConfiguration registers itself as a ConfigurationListener at the
added configurations. So if one of these performs a reload, a reload
event will be triggered and the combined configuration can update itself.

The problem here may be the way reloading is handled at the moment: Only
when a property is accessed on a configuration, it checks if a reload is
required. So if you do not directly access the configurations contained
in the combined configuration, they will never notice that they have to
be reloaded and thus never trigger the reloading event. Could this be
the problem?