commons-user mailing list archives

From "MASTRELLA STEFANO" <smastre...@sogei.it>
Subject commons-configuration and comons-jxpath
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 10:12:31 GMT
Hi all,

I'm using commons-configuration with the XPathExpressionEngine installed
on a CompositeConfiguration based on an XMLConfiguration and a
PropertiesConfiguration.
I'd like to use some user defined xpath function, via implementation of
org.apache.commons.jxpath.Functions and
org.apache.commons.jxpath.Function, but doing this I need to wrap most
of the feature the Configuration implementation give to me.
I try to explain with an example.

This is the xml part of the configuration file

**********
config.xml
**********
<conf>
   <big-integer>
     <direct-link value="99887766"/>
     <indirect-link
value="resolver-ns:resolve-value(/conf/link[@name='big-integer-link']/va
lue/@val)"/>
     <interpolated-indirect-link
value="resolver-ns:resolve-value(/conf/link[@name='big-integer-link']/in
terpolated/@value)"/>
     <double-indirect-link
value="resolver-ns:resolve-value(/conf/link[@name='big-integer-link']/in
direct-link/@value)"/>
     <interpolate-link value="${big-integer.value}"/>
   </big-integer>

   <link name="big-integer-link">
     <interpolated value="${big-integer.value}"/>
     <value val="1122334455"/>
     <indirect-link
value="resolver-ns:resolve-value(/conf/double-link[@name='big-integer-do
uble-link']/value/@val)"/>
   </link>
</conf>

And this is the part for the properties file

*****************
config.properties
*****************

big-integer.value=9021784365

both of them are loaded within a CompositeConfiguration configured as

*****************
composite.xml
*****************

<configuration>
  <properties fileName="config.properties"/>
  <xml fileName="config.xml"/>
</configuration>

As you can see in the xml file there's a user defined xpath function
resolve-value, which is able to resolve an xpath expression and return
the value addressed.
To do this I need to extrapolate a JXPathContext from the Document of
the XMLConfiguration, but this mean to browse it without some feature
such as variable interpolation.
As a consequence I need to reimplement those sort of feature.

So the question is, is it possible to install user defined functions in
addition to an XPathExpressionEngine?