commons-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Shirley <>
Subject Re: [Configuration] UTF-8 encoding problem
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2006 11:15:21 GMT
On Thu, Dec 28, 2006 at 11:30:07AM +0100, DECAFFMEYER MATHIEU wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using Jakarta Configuration to manipulate some XML files.

> What do u suggest me to do ?
> Thank u for any help ! Will be greatly appreciated !

This may be that the file isn't actually UTF-8 i.e. it contains some
extended ASCII characters. The usual problem in the uk is the pound
sign but the euro is probably a good candidate as well. I would check
that you are only using the standard (i.e. < 128) ascii characters.

Note that I don't mean that an entity for euro will be causing the
problem but an actual character (i.e. shift-3).

hope this helps

Andrew Shirley

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: